- You will get to spend time with elephants at the elephant homestay village where they have been keeping elephants for hundreds of years.
- You will experience spending a night camping deep in the Northern Thai jungle.
- You will get to learn about elephants foraging, and learn about the cultural and traditional importance of elephants in Thailand.
- You will travel to one of the most famous villages in Thailand for weaving and enjoy an adventure activity day at the highest mountain in Thailand, Doi Inthanon.
- Of course, you will get to spend lots of time with elephants and learn about mahoutship from experienced mahouts.
- We will visit both an elephant hospital and nursery.
- For a detailed itinerary please see here: Hand2trunk program
For International School trips, we can tailor the itinerary to suit your educational goals and desired student experiences (e.g. a trip focussing on elephant-human relationships, or a trip that gives students the opportunity to learn about rural communities and culture).
- Unforgettable elephants experience and educational program.
- Accommodation for the entire program.
- 3 meals per day during the program (all food can be adjusting to suit with vegetarian and vegan diets)
- Clean Drinking Water
- Transportation within Thailand*
- English speaking guide/coordinator
- Thai cultural activities (including a Thai cooking class)
- Entrance fee to tourist attractions
- A Thai visa (minimum tourist visa, note: most nationalities are given a 30-day visa on arrival)
- Participants should have a good general level of fitness (we will be hiking and Thailand is hot!)
- Basic level of spoken English
- Travel insurance
What to bring:
- Rain coat or umbrella (Rainy season)
- Change of clothes for 10 days (please also bring cultural appropriate clothes and light clothes for hiking)
- Hiking shoes and comfortable footwear (Sandals/sports shoes)
- Sunscreen,hat and insect repellent
- Bathing suit and towel
- Camera (optional)
- Personal Medicine
*Please note that any travel in the case of emergencies must be covered by your personal travel insurance.